Tasting, learning, or just plain killing time – there’s plenty of things to do near Pensione Nichols! Whether you’re just in town for a couple of days, or you’re looking to fill up your fall and winter weekend calendar, here are five fun activities to take part in:
- Visit the Seattle Aquarium. The Seattle Aquarium is just a short walk from the Pensione, and is home to a wonderful array of marine life from the Puget Sound. It’s open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., for hours of fun for the whole family. Tour the aquarium for as long as you like within open hours for just under $22 for adults, or do that and take a quick Argosy Harbor Cruise for $37 total.
- Learn about the oldest continuously operating public market. Did you know? Pike Place Market is the oldest one still open in the United States. You’ll learn more about the market and the area surrounding it in a Public Market Tour. The tour happens Friday through Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 (adult) if you pay in advance, or $19 if you spontaneously decide to join in.
- Take a tour of sipping chocolate around the city. Simply Seattle’s Chocolate Box located just around the corner at 106 Pine is not only the best local stop for chocolate and wine treats, it’s also home to a deliciously fun tour! Take their Tour de Haut Chocolate, which transports participants around the city every Sunday at 12:30 p.m. You’ll visit several destinations for the tastiest sipping chocolate around – a yummy, warm winter treat for $39/person!
- Dinner and a show at The Pink Door. Enjoy delicious Italian-American fare made with ‘homespun’, authentic flavor, as well as exciting live entertainment every evening! The Pink Door is open every day for dinner, and Monday through Saturday for lunch as well. Dinnertime entertainment could contain cabaret, trapeze artists, live music performers and more for free alongside your meal.
- Catch an entertaining imrov show at Unexpected Productions. Right down in Post Alley (just a few steps from the Pensione) and next to the infamous Gum Wall, you’ll find the ticket booth to Unexpected Productions. Each weekend night, and several weeknights as well, the theatre brings audiences laughs, chills, wit, and more in their comedic, improvised shows. Admission prices vary $5-15.
Happy fall, and we hope you have fun trying these and other fun Seattle activities near the Pensione Nichols!