Our location in Downtown Seattle is part of what makes Pensione Nichols such a fantastic place to stay when you’re visiting Seattle. Some of the best restaurants are right around the corner or within walking distance of the Pensione!
Here are just a few:
The Pink Door: Located literally right across the alley behind us (and a must for Seattle experiences), The Pink Door has tasty Italian-American cuisine and a live cabaret show to enjoy as you eat! The food is inspired from family recipes, with a focus on fresh, local Pacific Northwest bounty in the ingredients. Every night except Monday, there’s live entertainment at The Pink Door! Watch a trapeze artist swing from the ceiling, or even a tap-dancing saxophone player.
- Le Pichet: This little bistro aspires to be that classic French neighborhood eatery, and has definitely achieved that in its reputation. Le Pichet specializes in the regional cuisine and wine of France with tasty and unique lunch and dinner items. Charcuterie is available all day, as is Le Pichet’s Le Casse Croûte menu (small bites and appetizers). It’s a ‘bar le jour, café la nuit’ – or ‘bar by day, café by night’ of high quality!
- Steelhead Diner: If you’re looking for next-level diner food with a smart-casual atmosphere, you’ll find it at the Steelhead Diner. It’s located right in the Market, with incredible big-window views of Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mountains. Soups, salads, sandwiches, and local-inspired entrées grace the menu, which is a step up from what you’ll find at a classic diner. You won’t want to miss local specialties like Beecher’s Cheese Curds, Alaskan Razor Clam Chowder, Pike Place Cioppino, or Carlton Farms Pork Belly Hash. The Steelhead is open for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Place Pigalle: Tucked away in the Market, Place Pigalle has been repeatedly recognized for their food and service by notable local publications including the Seattle PI, Seattle Times, and Pacific Northwest Magazine. Place Pigalle serves lunch and dinner overlooking Elliott Bay with a focus on seafood and Pacific Northwest ingredients prepared and served with French flavor.
- Maximilien: Romantic, charming, and pleasantly relaxing from the bustle of the Pike Place Market, Maximilien has been providing delicious French cuisine to their guests since 1997. Here you can enjoy classically prepared Escargots or Foie Gras from the appetizer menu, and unique and traditional French dishes like Maximilien’s version of Bœuf Bordelaise. They also have a tasting menu that can be paired with wine for the full experience.
- Shiro’s Sushi: Widely recognized as one of Seattle’s best sushi establishments, Shiro’s is the place to enjoy the Pacific Northwest’s bounty in seafood, prepared raw in traditional Japanese style. Including rarities like geoduck alongside staples like salmon and albacore tuna, the menu at Shiro’s is a feast for the taste buds.
There are many more delicious stops to satisfy your cravings and your hunger when you’re staying at the Pensione Nichols! If none of these are making your mouth water, just head outside and walk around the block! You’re sure to find a stop that will suit. We’re also always happy to offer more suggestions – just ask!