Downtown Seattle is a wonderful place to experience the holiday season. With festivities surrounding Pensione Nichols, we’ve decided to compile a list of some of our favorites so you can make plans while you’re staying with us!
- Winterfest at Seattle Center: From now through December 31st, Seattle Center is hosting their annual Winterfest celebration. It’s a wonderful diversion for children & adults alike with an elaborate miniature train village to watch (and interact with!), an ice rink, weekend performances, and beautifully decorated grounds. It’s about a 20-minute walk from Pensione Nichols—or you can walk up to Westlake & take the Monorail right to the heart of the action!
- Benaroya Hall & Seattle Symphony Events: All season long, there will be holiday-themed shows & events at Seattle’s famed Benaroya Hall. From Seattle Men’s Chorus’s “Play it Again, Santa” to Seattle Symphony’s “Home for the Holidays” and “Tiny Tots” for the children, there are musical opportunities to celebrate the holidays almost every day at Benaroya Hall.
- Nordstrom’s Santa Lane: If you’re spending some time doing some Christmas shopping downtown, be sure to swing by Nordstrom & visit their Santa Lane. It’s a wonderful opportunity for kids to get to meet Santa, or for adults to cherish the holiday spirit.
- Brews & Bulbs Holiday Escape: Are you going to be around from December 13–29 and looking for some adult-friendly holiday shenanigans? Check out EverGreen Escapes for a tour of several local breweries & then explore Seattle Christmas light displays as you’re driven around town in a luxury car.
- Oliver! Head over to the 5th Ave Theater to enjoy Charles Dickens’ classic. It’s showing regularly through December 31st with a number of matinee performances, as well. The 5th Ave Theater is located just one block south of Seattle’s best shopping area.
- New Years in Seattle: If you’ll be in town for New Years Eve, be sure you have a good view of the Space Needle when 2014 is ushered in. More than 50,000 people will join together at Seattle Center to enjoy a fireworks display. Admission is free—unless you want to splurge to head up the Space Needle to the observation deck and watch from the heart of the action.
And as always—if you need ideas of what restaurants, shopping or activities are nearby, don’t hesitate to ask the staff at Pensione Nichols.